Decorating your home and yard is a great way to celebrate the holiday season. If you have yet to put up decorations around your Desert Mountain home, there are a few guidelines that you should be aware of before you begin. Desert Mountain is a prestigious private community, and while decorations are encouraged, it is important to adhere to the below restrictions in order to uphold a standard of subtle and tasteful elegance throughout the community:
- No “lawn ornament” decorations are allowed on the exterior of a home. These include plastic or inflatable sculptures of any kind displayed on the roof or outside the walls of a property. Decorated Christmas trees are not allowed on the exterior of a residence.
- Chasing, twinkling and blinking lights are prohibited. Lights cannot outline an entire residence or be displayed on the ridges or gables of pitched roofs. However, you may have lights on soffit/eaves lines, around window frames and on landscaping. Residents can decorate no more than 5 plants (excluding small plants adjacent to the door or patio) with lights.
- Luminarias are allowed only on patios and driveways. Paper luminarias with candles pose a fire hazard and are thus prohibited. It is important to make sure luminarias don’t blow away and litter the yards of other homeowners.
- Exterior holiday music is not allowed unless it is for social purposes. Exterior music used for personal enjoyment in a home’s outdoor living spaces must not disturb other residents.
- All Christmas lighting and exterior decorations must be removed by January 7th.
Desert Mountain is a renowned golf community in North Scottsdale. As the only Scottsdale golf club to boast six golf courses with corresponding clubhouses, it is highly sought-after by golf enthusiasts and luxury homebuyers. If you are interested in joining this resort community, please contact me to schedule a showing of Desert Mountain homes.
Carmen Brodeur JD
Trillium Properties, LLC
9825 E Bell Road, Suite 120, Scottsdale AZ 85255
Cell (602) 791-0536