Desert Mountain has a unique group of outdoor enthusiasts called the Desperados Trail Scouts. It is a fun-loving group of 85 members that protects and promotes hiking and biking at Desert Mountain. The group started by scouting out the best hiking trails through the portion of the Continental Mountains that are owned by the Club. These trails are now well established and have excellent signage from The Ranch. The group also developed the Desert Mountain Trails Hiking Map and installed the Butte Peak Summit Register. They currently offer:
- Weekly guided hikes on Desert Mountain trails and off site trails
- Custom guided hikes to members
- Monthly Full Moon hikes
- Weekly guided road bike rides to Bartlett Lake
- Guided social bike rides to coffee houses in Cave Creek
- Weekly guided mountain bike rides to the McDowell Preserve
- Ranch happy hours and speakers
They are definitely an active bunch! They are just one of the groups that members can join at Desert Mountain. It is definitely a club where you can be as active as you like.
Want to learn more about the differences between the golf clubs in Scottsdale? Feel free to reach out to me.
Carmen Brodeur JD
Trillium Properties, LLC
9825 E Bell Road, Suite 120, Scottsdale AZ 85260
Cell (602) 791-0536