After shopping around Desert Mountain Scottsdale you’ve found the perfect house to call home. So what’s next? You need to secure this purchase and avoid any mistakes that could end the buying process abruptly.
Below are five ways to secure your offer quickly and safely:
- Get pre-approved – About three months before you start to look for a home make sure to run a new credit report so you can review it and take some short-term steps to improve your credit. Then, once you’re pre-approved by your bank you can start looking for the perfect home.
- Don’t severely lowball your offer – You might not get a second chance to increase it. The market is currently very competitive and losing the perfect home could very well happen with a low offer. Try to make your offer as reasonable as possible so that the seller does not go with another buyer that comes in stronger.
- Sign an escalator clause — An escalator clause ensures that a you will increase your offer if, another, higher bid is placed on a home.
- Beef up your earnest money deposit — Adding on to your earnest money deposit shows sellers your serious side. They will know that you’re committed and that will give them the confidence they need to sell you the home.
- Leave off contingencies — At a time when both parties are looking out for their best interest, try to keep contingencies to a minimum. A list of contingencies is one more reason for a seller to go with another buyer in this highly competitive market.
Buying a home is a very strategic and, sometimes, drawn out process. It’s important to have a responsible and experienced team of Realtors on your side. If you’re interested in viewing any Desert Mountain homes for sale please contact me at (602) 791-0536 or Carmen@TopScottsdaleHomes.com. My team and I are equipped to take on the most complicated buying circumstances.
Realtor | Attorney
The Brodeur Luxury Group | Trillium Properties
8755 E Bell Road, Suite 108 | Scottsdale AZ 85260
Cell (602) 791-0536
Direct (800) 300-0263